Harassment and Discrimination In House Training
Protect your business from risk and create a safe working environment with Business Chamber Queensland's in-house harassment, bullying, discrimination and victimisation prevention training.
Business owners have a legal obligation to take 'reasonable and proportionate' measures to stop discriminatory conduct and ensure their workplaces are safe.
Unfortunately, sexual harassment, bullying and discrimination do happen at work, and if it does, employers find themselves vicariously liable for the actions of their staff.
Business Chamber Queensland's experienced and knowledgeable Workplace Relations team can help you and your managers understand your obligations in relation to:
- sexual harassment
- workplace bullying
- harassment on the basis of gender, and
Plus, we will help you understand the definition of 'reasonable and proportionate' measures and provide you with tips on how to create a positive, secure workplace.
PART A - All staff
Duration: Two hours
This session, which all staff and manager can attend, covers:
- legal definitions
- individual responsibilities and liabilities
- risk management
- keeping yourself and others safe in the workplace
- the impact of unlawful conduct in the workplace for individuals, and
- a review of your own workplace policies.
PART B - Managers
Duration: 1.5 hours
In this session, business owners, managers and other with staffing responsibilities will deep dive into:
- legal concepts
- the external complaints process and relevant case law
- reporting and how to handle an internal compliant
- the definition of 'reasonable and proportionate measures', and
- practical ways to create a positive and safe workplace.
IN HOUSE TRAINING COST+
Business Chamber Queensland members: $1095.00 per organisation
Non members: $1895.00 per organisation
+Up to 20 attendees per training. Discounts apply for more than one training. Travel and miscellaneous costs additional. Includes GST
To organise your training
Register your details and the team will be in contact with next steps.
Contact Business Chamber Queensland's Workplace Relations team on [email protected] or 1300 135 822 for more information.