Sustainability for Queensland Business
At Business Chamber Queensland, we know business matters. We know that social and environmental expectations on business, as well as accountability and transparency, are bringing unprecedented change and uncertainty for business. But these challenges also bring untapped opportunities.
As your peak business body, the Chamber is committed to leading the accelerated adoption of sustainable business practices to ensure Queensland businesses are ready to take advantage of these opportunities, to thrive now and into the future.
Our focus is on collaboration with business to harness our collective power to drive change and implement innovative solutions that can positively impact the environment and productivity of businesses and the communities in which they operate.
Why sustainability Matters
Business Chamber Queensland fully supports the United Nations definition and the Sustainable Development Goals as the call to action. Embracing renewable energy sources, optimizing resource consumption, implementing new technologies, and embedding sustainable practices, not only makes good business sense, but it also builds resilience for change and positions businesses to maximise future opportunities.
Ready to start your sustainability journey?
Business Chamber Queensland is leading the accelerated adoption of sustainable business practices. We provide businesses with a comprehensive range of programs, resources and training including:
- Maturity Assessment Tool to help businesses understand their own sustainability maturity, benchmarked to the industry.
- Business Sustainability Reports based on industry insights, providing a focus on how sustainability, environmental, social and governance (ESG) journey.
- Energy Efficiency Toolkit to motivate and enable businesses who are about to begin their energy saving and sustainability journey.
- ecoBiz Program in conjunction with the Queensland Department of Environment & Science, this program guides businesses to be more climate-responsive with practical tools and coaching to enhance sustainability maturity and capacity-building.
- Workforce Evolve, a Queensland Government-funded program to help employers address one of the biggest constraints on growth – employing and retaining staff. This free program helps employers think differently about who they hire, creating opportunities for those who are under-represented in the workforce, including women, First Nations Peoples, the LGBTI community, those with disabilities, people from CALD backgrounds, and mature aged workers.
- HR Health Check empowers businesses with the information to understand what is required for workplaces and lists the steps needed to ensure compliance requirements.
- Work Health & Safety offers a range of tools and resources to support businesses enhance workplace health and safety and manage potential risks.
- Training & Business Support ensuring businesses have tools and capabilities to create a positive workplace culture that is inclusive, supportive, and productive.
- Templates and Policy guidance key social sustainability policies such as Family & Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment
- Flood Impact Report which provides a true understanding to business of resilience needs from major climate events.
- Future of Work Report keeping you up-to-date with the current and future state of workplaces and requirements, including mental health and wellbeing, workplace culture, environmental considerations, and governance structures to enable change and agility.
Yes, I would like to know more
Please have a Business Chamber Queensland Sustainability Consultant contact me.